Wednesday, July 02, 2008

A Business Card for a Fabric Junkie

We have such wonderful customers generously spread the word about what we do. These great women come into the shop all of the time and tell me stories about random people coming up to them at the grocery store or movies and asking them about their LBD bag. So it's essential for us to have an attractive, functional business card that they can pass along to inquiring minds.

The question is, how can you capture all of the information - store hours, website, custom handbags, gifts, etc - on a cute little piece of paper? For a while I've had a card with a bright pattern on the glossy side, and all of the details on the matte black and white side, all printed here.

Recently, I needed to add the registered trademark symbol to our logo (the little R with the circle around it), so I decided it was time for a new card design. I scanned leftover vintage fabric from this bag and used a swatch for the new card. I think all of the bright colors and the bold pattern connote the creative environment and textile extravaganza that Laura Bee Designs strives to be. Hopefully, you do too!

1 comment:

Sandi Heinrich said...

Wow, how perfect for you to scan fabric for your business card. What a great idea! I think they capture the spirit of LBD quite well!