Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Better Late Than Never

My sister's birthday is long gone, but I've finally finished her gift. She wanted a new Veronica for summer. (Thanks for your patience Susannah. This bag is shipping out today.)

She requested a print that had all of the colors she wears - pink, red, green, teal, white, yellow. Easy right? Not so. I wanted to find the perfect fabric so I looked through my collection, visited several stores and came up empty-handed. Finally though, a lucky trip to Goodwill a few weeks back yielded this crazy paisley shirt.

Top quality and beautifully made, this shirt was also too wild to wear. I think it works perfectly paired with lime green microsuede and glossy white trim. I can just see my sis tooling around Boston on her bike with this bag.

Since Susannah has an extra-special auntie relationship with Otis, I took this picture of her new bag with the pug.

2 comments:

Susannah Buzard, M.A. said...

Aww, thanks for the thoughtful post and the awesome bag! I'm sure I'll love it! So cool that the paisley is from a shirt. Love you!

Anonymous said...

I hope Otis didn't drool on the bag. It is so interesting to see all that went into creating it--great job. SDB