Monday, September 03, 2007

A Color Story Part II


Since part of my job is to help clients put together their own fabric choices and color options, I think about color quite a lot. I think about why it is that some people love orange, but hate purple; why some like every brown material to be exactly the same shade, while others prefer quirky color contrast. Watching how each person has their own relationship with color is one of the fun parts of my work. So, sitting on the stoop outside yesterday, I started looking around at all of the whispering signs of fall and asking myself what their colors say to me.

I grabbed my camera and took a few pictures of the detritus to capture the fleeting color combinations. Especially inspired by the fluffy dandelion seed puff and the Lily of the Valley fall berries, I think it will be fun to design a clutch inspired by each photo. I'll share those with you soon. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Kittykat said...

That is a great shot of the berries! Cool perspective. Can't wait to see the clutches that are inspired by these shots.