Monday, September 03, 2007

A Color Story: Part I

Since today is Labor Day, in the spirit of the holiday, Jeff and I decided to do absolutely no labor. We swung in the hammock, played fetch with the dog, and indulged in a few guilty pleasures of cable TV watching. Later, I idly sat on the front stoop with a glass of lemonade when our hydrangea plant caught my eye. See how this bloom is resplendent on crispy leaves? That juxtaposition is a sure sign of autumn my friends.

Seeing this flower reminded me of this time last year, and of all of the exciting things that were happening just then. We expanded the store, won an award, and Jennifer, of my favorite podcast Craftsanity, interviewed me about LBD. Jennifer asks each guest if the would like to create a craft project that she then posts on her website. My project - Create Your Own Color Story - featured a hydrangea not unlike this one. You can view the project here.

No comments: