Monday, June 18, 2012

Otis the Shop Dog Poses & Meets Famous Puglet

mom+otis
It's no secret that Otis the shop dog digs having his picture taken. I swear I lift my Canon and he starts to pose.
otis_red
So when I learned from my favorite blogging pug that his photographer human was coming to Seattle as part of her 1000 pugs tour, I signed Mr. Otis Bee right up. otis_emp3
We made our way down to the EMP at Seattle Center and waited with the other pugs. At 11:40 it was Otis' turn to play America's Next Top model. otis_emp2
He did a great job, and I was a proud Momma. Amanda, the photographer, was super nice and Otis was fond of her magical treat bag.

otis_alldogs
We were Amanda's last appointment before her lunch break, and she told me that the famous Puglet and his Dalmatian brother Dutch were hanging out nearby in her car. "Would you like to meet them?" she asked. I couldn't believe it! I was so thrilled, I think I acted like a crazy person.
otis_puglet
That's me with Dutch and Puglet, who is such a supermodel he's even posing for Jeff's Droid. puglet_supermodel
For those of you who don't know, Puglet is quite famous for his modeling abilities. You can see some of his best work here and here. He treated Otis to a master class at the EMP building. (I wonder what Frank Gehry would think.) Amanda let Puglet off-leash and he scaled the wall and found a pose.
otis_bffs
The dogs were BFFs by the end of the time together. Notice Otis (left) and Puglet (middle) in sync. puglet+otis
Thanks Amanda, Puglet, and sweet Dutch for a wonderful day. I can't wait until the book is published.

PS - 1000 Pugs is donating 20% off the sitting fees to the local pug rescue in each area she visits. That means Seattle Pug Rescue benefited from our antics yesterday!

2 comments:

~ AKJ ~ said...

LOVE the shot of Otis and Puglet (and Dutch too, of course) in stride. Can't wait to see the finished product if the behind-the-scenes was this much fun!

Anonymous said...

Bagel tails....