I've always wanted to have crafting workshops in my store, but I've never quite figured out what to teach. Yesterday, listening to news stories marking the two-year anniversary of the Earthquake in Haiti, I hatched a plan.
You may remember our Dahlias for Haiti project, where we made nearly 700 of these felt flowers, and you our wonderful customers bought them for $12 each? Together we raised almost $7000. I think these little flowers can continue to give to many great organizations via how-to classes.
I would like to teach you how to make these fun, happy flowers in workshops at Laura Bee Designs. I will donate 20% of the class fee to the non-profit (501c3) of your choice! These flowers are easy to make and can be used to decorate all kinds of projects. Wouldn't a workshop be a fun way to celebrate a birthday or brighten up a gray winter day?
Here are the particulars:
- Classes will be two hours, hosted at my store on Tuesday or Thursday evenings, to be scheduled via email (orderdesk (at) laurabeedesigns.com) or phone (206) 789-4044.
- Class fee will be $30 per person, with a minimum of 5 people and a maximum of 10. (Larger groups can be accommodated, as can off-site classes.)
- 20% of total class fee will be donated via check directly to the non-profit (501c3) of your choice within two weeks of the class date. If you aren't sure of a non-profit to support, we can tell you about some of our favorites. We need to know the name and contact info for the organization before the class date.
- Classes are for adults only (over age 13). (Kids classes may be considered in the future.)
- Students will leave class with completed flowers plus materials to make more at home (6 flowers total).
- No special skills are needed to make these flowers except basic manual dexterity with scissors and hand-sewing needle.