Sunday, September 25, 2011

Staying Optimistic with Your Support

window1
As I begin planning our 9 Year Anniversary party, I find myself reflecting on the journey I've taken since opening up shop on the corner of 65th and 20th in Ballard in 2002. At that time, I'd sold bags for about a year at local craft shows and two home boutique shows.

The customers who bought my bags way back then gave me the courage to keep trying, keep designing, and continue building my dream business.  

Heartfelt thanks to all of my customers - old and new. Thank you for coming back to shop at LBD for the last nine years. I can't wait to see what the next nine look like.

Along the way some amazing women have worked with me cutting and sewing bags, decorating windows, doing year-end inventory, and above all, custom designing personalized accessories. Thank you to my inspiring staff.

Dahlias for Haiti
I count my blessings each day that I get to do what I love, and share my obsession with fabric, buttons, and design with customers old and new. It's not always easy; other small business owners know the optimism and fortitude it takes to believe that customers will keep coming day after day, year after year.

I am in this business for the long haul, and plan to make bags and accessories for the next decade and beyond.

I must be honest: Times are tough for everyone, and Laura Bee Designs is not immune to economic downturns. We appreciate your support and purchases now more than ever.

Despite the economic news of late, I'm stocking the store with great stuff - scarves ($18-$30), bracelets ($3-$28), necklaces ($12-$40) and tons of other great gifts arrive each week. Of course, we have lots of new custom bag materials and designs too.

Let's shove pessimism to the side and embrace optimism (and bright color), as we count our blessings heading into the holiday season.

No comments: