Monday, November 30, 2009

Brown Paper Packages Tied Up with Strings


Have you put up your Christmas tree yet? We have two up in the store - one is cotton candy pink, and the other retro white. I enjoy the holiday season as a time to embrace every corny, sweet feeling I can.

I'll definitely be hosting a sing-a-long screening of The Sound of Music (TSOM). I'll be the only one singing as my husband and dog look freaked out on the couch next to me.

(PS - I thought I was the only one who did this until I saw the Will and Grace episode that is all about a TSOM sing-a-long and I wished I could dress up like Leisl and join my kindred spirits. Then came the hilarious, catchy Gwen Stefani song, video here.)

Image courtesy of Fanpop.

I don't think TSOM is technically a Christmas movie, but it's usually on TV at this time of year. The unapologetic schmaltz of the film makes me happy every time I watch it.

Another thing that makes me happy: Amy Karol, crafty inspiration, author and blogger of Angry Chicken, is coming to Ballard this Thursday. Get the skinny here.

3 comments:

Paula O said...

"Only during thunderstorms, sir."
I love it and I want to sing along!!

Susannah Buzard, M.A. said...

cornball! as if Last Chance Harvey weren't enough!

by the way, I just posted on Live Journal for the first time in months. Throw me a bone and read it if you can.

Anonymous said...

I would go once a night for 365 nights to a sing-a-long TSOM! Love it!
-Danielle