Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Does Three Make a Collection?


Vintage Cookie Jar, originally uploaded by Laura Bee Seattle.

I've coveted this mushroom cookie jar of my mother's for several years. Last year I mentioned to her that I would like to have it if she ever thought of getting rid of it.

Last Christmas she sent it as an unexpected gift! I'm afraid she's created a mushroom cookie jar monster. Early this spring I bought a harvest gold model up in Bellingham.

Recently, I scored a crazy bright version at Goodwill. I think I officially have a collection.

I still like the one my Mom gave me best. To see more pictures, visit my Flickr page here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know why I bought the jar--I think it made me think of childhood fairy tales or illustrations in Little Golden Books. It came from a church rummage sale across the street from our family home. Yes, I believe it is a collection. There are many things from that era with a tomato motif as well. You can go on a vegetable rampage. SDB

Paula O said...

What kind of cookies would you fill them with?