Friday, June 19, 2009

One of My Mom's Paintings

Image copyright Sharon Dwyer Buzard

My mother is a fine artist who specializes in acrylic and watercolor painting. She does portraits, botanical images, and decorative fine arts. My favorites have always been her building paintings, particularly the storefronts.

Recently, she sent me this photo of one of her circa 1980s images to scan and put on a custom checkbook cover. I love the image so much, I thought I'd share it with you here. You can click on the painting to see more detail of the brushwork and fine detail.

The buildings are in Rochester, NY, my hometown.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a surprise! I painted these buildings three times--this was a commission for a banker. Each one had different people, different colors on the Victorian house, and one was a night scene and the first painting I sold after grad school--to an architect who had shopped at the store in his youth!

It is nice to see it posted. SDB