Sunday, March 22, 2009

Magnets with Thrifty Display

Everyone who works at LBD loves using our trusty 1.25" button machine, so I'm always trying to come up with new ideas. Recently, we've started making these Seattle neighborhood magnets.

I have them displayed on a pretty tin tray that I found at Goodwill for a couple of bucks. You can find interesting tin objects aplenty at thrift shops and they are usually quite cheap. These trays would look fantastic mounted on a wall in a group to be used as a quirky bulletin board.

I find it handy to keep a little magnet with me when I'm thrifting so that I can tell if something metal has steel content. (Magnets only stick to ferrous metals, so you're out of luck with aluminum.)

Ballard magnets $2 at our store.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great idea to use a tray for display. How did you ever think of that? SDB