Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Introducing: Deluxe Photo Notebook

With so many thoughts swirling around in my head these days, I need to write things down on lists or I worry I'll forget something important. Yesterday I made myself this book to keep in my purse to have at hand for jotting down To Do lists.

I created this faux leather cover for a 4" by 6" recycled paper notebook that I bought at a local bookstore. Once I fill up the pages, I can easily put a fresh book in the durable cover. So that I could find my place easily, I stitched in a ribbon bookmark.

Since I always have little scraps of paper like receipts and coupons floating around my bag, I stitched two clear pockets onto the inside front cover of the book.

I'm so happy with the results, that I'm now offering the notebook for sale as a custom photo product. This would be a great gift for both men and women. The front cover image is not limited to photos only. Consider company logos, artwork, or graphics as your focal point.

Available soon online. $32

4 comments:

Susannah Buzard, M.A. said...

i love that idea. you know how i love blank books. but Otis already has tennis balls!

Anonymous said...

I am just writing a speech about Gene Stratton Porter, an Indiana author who kept a little notebook tied to her bedpost in case she got great ideas in the middle of the night!

Really nice to know that you can replace the paper--would make me less inhibited to write in it in the first place. SDB

Laura Bee said...

Yes Auntie Susannah, Otis is well-stocked in T-bizzles thanks to his Christmas bounty from the Boston Santa Claus.

The note is a fake. I wanted to put something dog-related in the clear pocket. You've busted me, like only a little sister can.

Sandi Heinrich said...

Oh I love it! I keep a little notebook like this in my LBD bags all the time. Of course it matches, but it doesn't match THIS WELL! must.have.one.

Nice work, Laura!