Saturday, August 16, 2008

Blue Wedding in Wisconsin

These aqua blue-themed clutches went out to Wisconsin last week. They'll make their debut at an outdoor August wedding there.

The bride learned about us through her sister who lives here in Seattle and shops regularly at our store.

She commissioned five coordinated yet one-of-a-kind bags for her bridesmaids. I based the designs on short descriptions of each woman's style that she sent my way. I emphasized the lime green that will repeat in the flowers.

I had the floral fabric in my stash and the color miraculously matched the dress swatch the bride sent me. There are infinite shades of blue, so finding a perfect textile match can be quite tricky.

1 comment:

Sandi Heinrich said...

I think these might be my favorite clutches you've made for a wedding. What a wonderful color scheme!!