Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Swing Time

Part of our little photo shoot yesterday was a quick jaunt to Salmon Bay Park, which is a great spot a few blocks north of the shop. I wanted to try to capture the motion of the swing while photographing a sharp picture of this Eve bag. I set up my tripod facing the swing set, focused on the purse, and selected a long exposure.

Then it was 'ready, set, go' - Ashley would swing as I released the shutter. The picture above was the best shot of the bunch. (Be sure to click on it to see it much larger.) It's not perfect, but it's my first attempt at this sort of thing. I wanted to try it with the merry-go-round too, but it was full of happy toddlers.

Speaking of toddlers, this little girl makes a tiny cameo in the motion image. It appears that she was wondering what those crazy adults were doing on the swing set.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The toddler looks like Laura Bee thirty-five years ago. SDB