Sunday, July 06, 2008

My New Nano: Sew Cute

It's been a hectic week since Ashley's on vacation. I've been sewing up lots of wholesale and retail orders. With all of the production, I've been craving a small, creative project. After working hard, I decided to treat myself to a little personal sewing at the end of the day on Sunday.

Jeff recently gave me an Ipod Nano. Isn't she cute? She is really tiny - only 2" wide by just under 3" tall. I made her a little case adorned with rick rack and a fun print that I had left over from this project.

I added a clip to the case so that I can easily attach the whole shebang to my belt-loop when I take Otis for a walk. The earbud cord extends out of the edge of the zipper while the Nano stays safely tucked inside.

This is definitely the tiniest bag I've ever made. The finished product is about 3" tall by 4" wide, even smaller than our zipper coin purse. I'm glad that I used bright fabrics, not only for the cuteness factor, but also so the case is easier to see in my purse and more difficult to lose.

4 comments:

Kittykat said...

What a great idea! I just lost my iPod (sniff), so I could use something like this!

daisymayrobin said...

I agree with KittyKat! I have a cute little green Nano and I still carry it in the plastic case it came in which is bulky and doesn't stay closed, so I have a rubber band around it. A Laura Bee custom Nano case would be much better than my current solution.

Sandi Heinrich said...

Ah, good for you for taking a little time to create something for yourself. From the previous comments, it looks like you might need to put these into mass production!

Jessica said...

DEFINITELY a need for mass production!