Thursday, May 22, 2008

Meet Sandi Heinrich

A little while back professional photographer Sandi Heinrich (above), owner of an LBD snap coin purse, contacted me to see about arranging a swap. She took a bunch of terrific pictures of our store, and we made her a bag.

Since I started selling bags back in 2001, I've met many inspiring people like Sandi who have taken a passion and turned it into a small enterprise. I've been lucky to 'talk shop' with so many great women doing cool things, that I've decided to introduce you to some of them here.

Sandi has agreed to be the debut woman featured in this column. She specializes in images like those I'm showing here. Her work merges a loose journalistic style with lovely portraiture. She offers reasonably priced packages for all types of work including baby portraits, family groupings, as well as weddings.

Part of her service is to provide her customers with a high-res disc of images so that you can use your favorite vendors to order prints. Gone are the days of being tied to a photo studio for all prints. I encourage you to visit her two blogs to see more of Sandi's work here and here.

Here are some more essential things you should know about Sandi.
  • Nickname: "San"
  • Favorite soundtrack for creative pursuits: KEXP streaming online
  • Born in: Seattle, WA
  • Favorite color combo: Black & white
  • Favorite snack: Chips & salsa
  • Nerdy factoid: Toenails have been painted every day since age 12
  • Passionate about: Sunshine, great chocolate, travel & photography!
  • Something surprising you'll find in my purse: An Epi pen... in case of bee sting!

1 comment:

Sandi Heinrich said...

Wow, there's nothing like making your daily visit to a blog and finding your face looking back at you! You did a wonderful job with this idea, thank you so much for using me as your guinea pig!

Thanks for making my day, Laura! I'm looking forward to working on more projects in the future!