Saturday, March 01, 2008

California Kate

The roomy Kate bag is one our best-sellers, so we've made quite a few. This white version, however, is so striking and unique I'm showing it to you here. The customer, coincidentally also named Kate, chose the mod combination of black and white for this bag. She also added several extra embellishments including rings and buttons that perfectly complement the design.

She chose these three cherry red buttons and layered them over a strip of our garden party oilcloth. A coordinating red makes for a nice, bright interior.

I love how Debbie cut the strip of oilcloth with perfect symmetry that off-sets the buttons on the left. Ashley did a beautiful job sewing this complex bag too. Go team!

2 comments:

daisymayrobin said...

I am love love LOVING this very mod bag! Goshdarnit, Laura Bee! Now I guess I'll have to have one made for me. : )

Kittykat said...

Daisymayrobin - when I first saw that pic, I thought it WAS your bag! It's totally your style!