Thursday, February 14, 2008

Button Thursday: London to Seattle

This is my fashionable sister Susannah back in January. She's wearing a Veronica bag that I made her for her trip to London. It's typical that she's completely color coordinated. Not so typical that she's wearing pants instead of a dress. Anyhow, this is apparently a picture of her at the Tate Modern. To me the image looks like a scene from a Joy Division video - full of stylish angst and drama.

While in the UK, She picked up some buttons for me at a flea market. (She knows me well.) Here are some bright spring bags we designed around these bold beauties.

Thanks, SuzyBuzz, for carrying these fasteners across the Atlantic, and then mailing them to me on the Pacific coast.

1 comment:

Susannah Buzard, M.A. said...

Awww, what a sweet post! I'm flattered you think that the Tate Modern photo is reminiscent of Love Tearing Us Apart Again. I think the boys look more like Ian curtis in Williamsburg, Brooklyn than in London, though. And yes, I had to rock the pants because I needed to wear flat walking shoes. I learned the hard way the first night after I saw Christian Slater in a play and was so jet lagged on the way home that my red high heels sent me careening down the stairs of the Tube. The end.

(Love the bag. I think it's my favorite that you've made me thus far. All the pockets help my life, and the zippers are awesome. And I love the combo pattern of sophisticated (plaid) and punk (turquoise naughahyde).

So glad you like the buttons! The vendors in London were bragging about you when I told them you'd use their buttons for your American handbags.