Monday, January 07, 2008

Thrift Shop Find

One of the least expensive things to be had at thrift shops is kitchenware. I've been collecting aluminum muffin tins for a while now, and I have yet to pay over $1 for one. I avoid the newer Teflon coated tins, and instead look for the discarded vintage aluminum style instead.

They make great drawer organizers for jewelry. I also use a mini muffin tin to hold beads and findings when I make earrings while watching TV. The little compartments hold tiny objects perfectly and prevent spills.

I also love how the beat up muffin tin metal looks on its own. It takes on a lovely patina of use, and is quite sculptural.

1 comment:

daisymayrobin said...

I was just at my mother's house over the weekend, using her 42-year old aluminum measuring cups while I was cooking. They remind me of when she baked cut-out sugar cookies at Christmastime when I was young. They're more beautiful now than what I remember from growing up!