Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas Decorations

These Christmas votives were a gift a few years back. A kind customer gave me a set of three as a Thank You for rushing a photo bag so that she could give it on Christmas day. I think that the best part about getting out the holiday decorations is remembering the story behind each sparkly item. It's a way to mark time and to be thankful for all of those small kindnesses.

On our tree-shopping excursion we made a pit stop at our favorite thrift shop. I found this box of vintage ornaments for a mere $1.50. I love the proud Made in the USA on the original box.

As Jeff and I searched for the perfect live tree today, I realized that I've had much more time and energy to enjoy the season this year. The store has been truly busy, but everything is much more organized and solid now than in past years. I am so thankful.

Here's a Christmas music tip: Darlene Love's album It's Christmas of Course.

No comments: