Thursday, August 30, 2007

Button for a Bride

I've been having such a lovely time working on bridal collections recently. We've had wonderfully adventurous brides who give me their color palettes and then tell us to make a group of one-of-a-kind clutches in that that color family. Before we start to sew, I always photograph a materials palette that includes silks, buttons, and ribbons. I want the brides to get an idea of the direction we're going. Once they give approval, we start cutting, stitching, embellishing.

Right now I'm working with a bride on her collection. I'm going to save the bridesmaids bags to show you once they are done. Here's a picture of the button that I have sent off to the bride for approval. My mom bought me three of these glass buttons at an antique store in Florida. One was used on a bridal bag for a wedding in Chicago. Another, we stitched to a wristlet for a Seattle bride. This, the last one, may end up out of state if the bride gives me the go ahead.

No comments: