Sunday, May 13, 2007

Lucky Day


While Otis and I weren’t able to attend the pug gala, my Saturday was filled with surprises. We knew it would be busy with Mother’s Day gift-buying. (Lots of endearing dads visited us with kid(s) in tow asking for H-E-L-P.)

Surprise #1: A visit from a feisty Boston Terrier named Wednesday.
Surprise #2: I was able to sneak out of the store to stop by little John B’s 2nd birthday party.
Surprise #3: Button sale extravaganza.


For a few years I’d heard rumors of a local button sale held in a nondescript brick building, open only by invitation. Luckily, two generous store customers were kind enough to give me the specifics this year, so off I went for an hour or so.



Photos inside the sale were verboten, but I did take these snaps of my haul back at the shop. The buttons for sale are carefully mounted to colored cardboard, and are sorted by material and look. Needless to say I was drooling over the bounty.

The salesperson told me that the shows, which also feature apparel, often have more buttons. Is that possible?



By the end of the day, a customer visiting from Ohio had already chosen a carved wood button from the new loot to top her green and brown Phyllis flap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What can I say - I'm jealous! These look awesome. That's great you were able to go.