Thursday, April 12, 2007

Calling All Dog Lovers



As you can tell by looking at this blog, here at LBD we love dogs - small dogs, big dogs, mutts and purebreeds. Of course, we love Otis most of all since he's our mascot! We've decided to introduce a special quarterly charity project to raise money to help all of the pooches out there who are less fortunate than Otis.

We will donate fifteen dollars from the sale of each zipper case pictured above to a dog rescue organization. (Retail price $20.) We've chosen Seattle Pug Rescue as our inaugural charity for this program.

This entirely volunteer group takes in pugs and pug mixes, gives them medical treatment if needed, and works tirelessly to find new homes for each little wrinkled canine. In 2006 they placed more than 60 abandoned pugs in new, loving homes. I encourage you to check out their website to read more about their work. Seattlepugs.com

To purchase the Happy Dogs Zipper Case in our web boutique click here. Also available in our Seattle store.

2 comments:

Susannah Buzard, M.A. said...

such a fantastic idea to help those puggies less fortunate than Otis! I'm totally going to spread the word! Maybe sometime you could make a kitty version???

Did you see the pictures of the Daisy look-alike?

i'm glad our family loves animals so much. i'll bet these bags will do very well, especially considering that Seattle is such a hub for doggie lovers.

daisymayrobin said...

As you know, I already puchased my Happy Dogs Zipper Case today. : )

After much deliberation on what to use it for, I decided that since I technically only paid $5 for it (since the other $15 went to Seattle Pug Rescue), I feel good using it as a treat bag for my dog, Leo. I filled it with biscuits from Bark, another local, Ballard business, and I love how it looks on the kitchen counter next to Leo's cigar-box filled with rawhide chewies! Thanks!