Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Making it Work



You may have noticed that we're behind on our Project Runway analysis. We've been having our own make it work time around here getting the new space ready and gearing up for Christmas. Our wholesale business is going gangbusters, with stores carrying our line in Portland, New Zealand, Michigan, Wyoming and Colorado (among others). We've found some terrific small boutiques who understand what we do, and who have customers who buy our stuff. (Thanks!)

Those of you who have been to the shop will recognize the pink paint above. It's been our ceiling color for the last four years, and we've painted the new space with the same color scheme - vanilla walls and pink ceiling. The actual paint color is called "Taffy Lips" which brings to mind all sorts of X-rated associations. I've had to go back to the paint store a couple of times to restock, and I can tell that the gruff guys at the counter think I'm a wacko. (For the record I would have named it cherry pink.)

1 comment:

daisymayrobin said...

Totally excited to see the new store!

Just thought I would share that I have a Project Runway office pool going, and out of 17 entrants, here is who my co-workers have predicted to win:

(7) for Jeffrey, (4) for Michael, (3) for Laura and (3) for Uli.

(I picked Laura, though she was never a favorite until I saw all her dresses finally weren't deep-V necks last week.)