Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Project Runway: Episode 10 Flashback

We’ve all be going through withdrawals as PR is taking a little inexplicable hiatus. Check out the next new episode ton ight, September 27th!

We usually re-cap at the beginning of each blog entry, but really, you’re probably watching by this point! There are just to many things to discuss for this episode, so straight to the Q&A we go.

Bringing back Angela and Vincent: Thoughts and feelings?
Ashley: Never have I been closer to heaving the remote through the television screen. It was both Angela and Vincent’s time to go even before they were each actually Auf’d, so to give them a second shot was absolutely ridiculous to me. And why bring back the two most obnoxious people? Why not some of the more well-liked, perhaps kicked-off-before-their-time folks? All in all, I am just really glad neither Angela or Vincent made it through to safety as that would have been the height of unfairness.

Laura:
All I have to say is this: It was great TV. I love all of the shots of Jeffrey’s grumpy face as Angela arrived.

Who’s design was best this week? Worst?

Laura: I thought that Uli’s was terribly under-rated. He sort of ‘60s mod look was perfect for a black and white challenge. They were too hard on her. I thought that Michael’s and Laura’s were both lovely. Laura’s lace overlay dress definitely looked high-end, which was impressive.

Ashley:
My vote for best is Michael. He not only designed a beautiful dress, but designed it with the end-user (in this case his model) in mind. He continues to impress me every week with his proficiency in designing for a woman’s body. The worst was by far Angela’s countrified Dracula ensemble. As Tim Gunn so eloquently referred to in his podcast, “a fleurchon, Jubilee Jumbles extravaganza”. Scary.

Was Kayne the right choice to be Auf’d?

Ashley: As much as I love the guy, yep, it was his time to go. He’s definitely improved over the course of the season thus far, but it seems that his improvement increments have been smaller than those of the other designers. He’s such a talented designer in his field, and I think being on Project Runway forced him to stretch in ways that will really help him better serve his clients once he’s back home.

Laura: I’ll miss Kayne’s silliness, but I agree with Ashley. He should have gone. I was surprised that he bombed this open-ended challenge. He could have done something really cool and more “Kayne” and been great. I thought the purse he made was really cute though.

Prediction time! Who’s in for Fashion Week?
Laura: I am tired of Jeffrey’s Rave version of Rock ‘n’ Roll clothing. I hope he’s out, and Uli, Michael, and Laura are in. I’m still sad that old-timers Alison and Milan were kicked off. They had lots of potential and I would have liked to see an entire collection from both of them. They all get to show at fashion week to keep the final three a secret, so they’ve all won in a sense.

Ashley: My prediction for the top three is Michael, Laura, and Uli. However, I am pretty tired of Uli - it seems like she makes the same thing every week! So my dream top three at this point would omit Uli and add Jeffrey. Yes, he does have to insert his ‘rock and roll vibe’ into everything, but I like it. Also, if my fantasy top three were to be reality, it would mean three very different runway shows as opposed to the similar styles of last seasons final three. The judges really seem to love Uli though, so I’m hanging on the edge of my seat!

No comments: