Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Introducing Phyllis


Beth's been coming to the shop for at least two years. She's one of those great customers that you gradually get to know bit by bit when they come in to browse. Back in December Beth came to a purse party hosted by one of her pals Melissa.

She ordered this bag - one of the styles that we've had in the shop for a while, but that I haven't yet put online. I named the bag Phyllis Flap, because alliteration is fun. (I could go really silly and call it Phyllis Phlap, but that's another story).

Beth's bag has a canvas flap that resembles an abstract modern painting. I found the fabric back in Rochester, NY at the store where I first fell in love with textiles back when I was a kid learning how to sew. The body of the bag is matte espresso Naugahyde, the lining is dusty teal cotton. The silver rings and rivets add a tough, modern edge to Phyllis.

No comments: