Sunday, March 12, 2006

Regrets, I've had a few


Once I made a purse from a gorgeous gold and orange vintage Obi that a customer brought into the shop. The fabric already had so much mysterious history that it was wonderful to give it new life as a purse and to send it off with that creative customer. That was over two years ago, and I regret that I didn't take a picture of the bag.

I wish I'd taken more pictures of my work over the years. I have a few, but perfectionism and rushing headlong onto the next thing have been easy excuses. It would be great to back to see more of the evolution of the designs, the improvements, changes, and one-of-a-kind projects.

Thus, my 2006 New Year's resolution was to take more photographs, and that's one reason that I started this blog. We've also been compiling an album of photos in the shop for customers to use as an idea book. This week the album got an upgrade when Ashley made this lovely album cover. Really, its more like an album cozy - soft and inviting, sewn from strips of our favorite fabrics.

Finally, a comfy home for the bags that are out in the world carrying wallets, diaries, and plane tickets.

No comments: